My blog has moved! Redirecting.

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.ihategreenbeans.com and update your bookmarks.

I Hate Green Beans: Whoa...oh...oh...OH...oh

Monday, January 28, 2008

Whoa...oh...oh...OH...oh

Being the owner of a worn out New Kids on the Block GREATEST HITS CD, I'm excited as a 12-year-old girl from 1989 in my acid wash jean jacket with an "I heart Joey" button displayed proudly over my heart at the following news. Maybe the lyrics were true...they really are loving me forever.

From PEOPLE website:

After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.

The band's Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.

The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.

Eighteen years later, they're still "Hangin' Tough." The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band's demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight's brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

I soooooo danced to their music at my high school homecoming dance!

reba said...

i almost lost it when i read this at work this morning... i had always heard that jonathan "the shy one" would never sing again with the new kids, but i guess money talks. (and by saying that i've always heard is suggesting that i've always wanted this reunion to happen...which i have).

Anonymous said...

Lincee- I was hot Brad at the Gold's Gym in downtown Austin last week!!!!!! A-mazing! Aprox 4pm last Thurs.

Anonymous said...

I meant- I SAW hot Brad- sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh...oh...oh...OH...oh...bless their hearts.

Anonymous said...

OMG! My BFF and I have been discussing this since last night! I never thought we'd be talking about an NKOTB reunion (or be so excited for that matter) when we are in our 30's. Too fun! Her husband told her she'd have to get a paper route to pay for tix (she's a college professor) - LOL!

Anonymous said...

I still have my NKOTB buttons. Oh yes ladies, I'm talking not only the tiny little normal buttons, but the big honkin' plate sized buttons. Did I really ever actually wear these? I'm ashamed to admit that the answer is probably yes. I was a teacher's aid in 7th grade and I'm also ashamed to admit that I changd my last name on my badge to McIntyre. I was Mrs Joe McIntyre to the entire middle school during 3rd period. Was I really this silly? Ah to be 12 again and to stay up late watching some lame telethon trying to tape a few minutes of NKOTB performing. I clearly remember fighting sleep as I sat poised at the edge of my bed with my finger on the pause button...just waiting for the boys to come out dancing. And don't get me started when Joey's voice changed. Please Don't Go Girl was never the same...

Michellyoh said...

Maybe Jonathan will love me now!!! tee hee! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

OMG. If they can get Marky Mark to open up for them it would be in a word - PERFECTION. Sigh. Please God, let this be true.

Deb said...

Do you know the scene from the Brady Bunch Movie, (not that I sit around and watch the Brady Bunch Movie regularly) when Davie Jones sings at the dance and the teachers are the only one's excited other than Marcia?

I imagine an NKOTB concert being just that...AND I am soooooo there!