My blog has moved! Redirecting.

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.ihategreenbeans.com and update your bookmarks.

I Hate Green Beans: What do you see?

Monday, February 25, 2008

What do you see?

My meal on the airplane back from Dubai was so questionable, that I had to take a picture of it. Do you see the green beans with what appears to be "sweet potato baby food" sauce? I almost threw up. The smell. Sometimes I have nightmares about the smell. And can anyone identify what's actually on the plate beside the olive and lemon wedge? Notice how I only ate the bread and butter. And yes...I thought about stealing the cute salt and pepper shakers. So sue me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost threw up just looking at it! How did they expect anyone to eat that mess? I can't imagine the smell!

Do you at least get to fly first-class so you can be comfy?

Liz G. said...

Was it hummus? I love green beans - and even those look nasty! Did you ask for a vegetarian meal??

Anonymous said...

I do not blame you one bit on this! As a fellow picky eater, I would have also stuck with the bread. (Even on domestic flights where you can buy the little $5 snack bag, I still won't touch that "turkey stick" thing!!)

Deb said...

I am totally going against the grain here...but I think it looks kind of tasty...I know! I know! There is something so wrong with me!

Michellyoh said...

LOL!! so the first thing I noticed when I saw that picture was the cute little salt and pepper shakers! I said, "oh. .how cute"! I totally would have snagged them. . .but that's just me! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Deb on this one. As a veteran coach passenger, it looked a whole lot better to me than the what I usually find when I peel the foil lids off the 3x5 plastic dishes of my airline meals. Check out those ROUND plates on Lincee's tray! And personal salt and pepper shakers! In coach, the salt and pepper are in tiny paper sachets buried inside the plastic bag of plastic cutlery. And don't get me started on the coach desserts, which always look, feel, and taste like colored tofu. Oh, to fly Business or First!

Amanda: said...

Screw the food, I was impressed with the nice table cloth you appear to have gotten along with the salt and pepper shakers! Seriously, what DO you do to fly non-coach!? I want in the club!

Lincee said...

Anything over nine hours and they spring for Business Class. It was really nice. Good thing I always come prepared with crackers and candy. Or I would have starved right there on flight 212.